Hygiene – Tips on Cleaning Your Sex Toys
Toys can be fantastic fun, whether you are flying solo or sharing special time with another person. Like everything fun though, there are some precautions you still need to take. A lot of people wouldn’t realise that your toys should be cleaned after every use. Another shocking fact is that yes, you can contract an STD from a sex toy.
This is why it is so important to make sure you treat your toys as you treat yourself. We have outlined some basic tips on keeping your toys clean and hygienic for a long and happy relationship.
- Never use oil as a lubricant. Water-based lubricants are the safest way to go, they will wash off easily and not cause irritation to you or disintegrate your toys
- Never put electric devices underwater, wipe with a damp cloth and a gentle soap
- If your toy is battery-operated, do not put the battery end in water. This will cause corrosion and not only stop your toy from working, but possibly cause you irritation as well
- Anything made of cloth can be washed on a delicates cycle in the washing machine. Always read instructions first, though
- Anything silicone can be washed in the dishwasher if there are no batteries or electrical parts.
Following these simple tips can ensure you and your toys have a long, healthy relationship.